- FAO of the United Nations: In order to
augment the household Food Security, the PNASF has
contributed fund to the FAO’s Telefood Programme
in India on 29th September, 2000.
- Government of Karnataka, Bangalore: The
Chairman, PNASF was appointed as the Chairman of
the WTO Cell on Agriculture and Related Issues for
the Government of Karnataka. The Interim Report
was submitted to the Chief Minister of Karnataka
on 7th February 2001.
- Small Farmers’ Agri-Business Consortium (SFAC),
New Delhi: In collaboration with the SFAC, the
PNASF initiated three field studies on turmeric,
tomato and passion fruit.
- Indian Society for Vegetable Science
(ISVS), Varanasi: The PNASF and ISVS have
agreed to hold International Conference on
Vegetables scheduled 11 – 14 November 2002.
- Institution of Agricultural Technologists (IAT),
Bangalore: The PNASF has agreed to collaborate
with IAT on giving the guest lectures,
participating or presenting the seminars at State,
National, Asian levels, etc., participating in the
joint conferences and joint publications.
- University of Agricultural Sciences (UAS),
Bangalore: The UAS agreed to collaborate with
the PNASF on the award of the Gold Medal to the
outstanding Ph.D students.
- Indian Institute of Horticultural Research
(IIHR), Hessarghatta, Bangalore: The Chairman,
PNASF acted as a Chairman of the Expert Committee
to formulate a definite policy on the work
relating to hybrid vegetable/ornamental/fruits at
the IIHR, Hessaraghatta, Bangalore.
- Institute for Social and Economic Changes (ISEC),
Bangalore: The Chairman, PNASF participated in
a seminar on "The State of the Indian Farmer : A
Millennium Study" organized by the Ministry of
Agriculture, Government of India held at Indian
Institute of Management, Ahmedabad during 18th to
19th December, 2000
- FAO Regional Office (RAP), Bangkok: The
PNASF agreed with the FAO / RAP on collaboration
in the area of Food and Nutrition Security, and
- International Crops Research Institute for
the Semi-Arid Tropics (ICRISAT), Patancheru,
Andhra Pradesh: On 1st December, 2000, the
Chairman, PNASF had a detailed discussion with
Dr.William D. Dar, Director General, ICRISAT for
- Karnataka Agricultural Commission (KAC),
Bangalore: The PNASF and the KAC have had
discussions on common issues in Agriculture in
- Central Food & Technological Research
Institute (CFTRI), Mysore, Karnataka: On 23rd
March, 2001 the Chairman, PNASF held a detailed
discussion with Dr. V. Prakash, Director, CFTRI
and agreed that both the institutions will
collaborate in the area of Post Harvest handling
of agricultural / horticultural products.
- Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR):
The Chairman, PNASF attended the Directors / RAC
Chairmen meeting of the ICAR institutes held
during 29th July to 31st july at New Delhi.
- AAFFOSTI: Dr. Prem Nath was the Chief
Guest to the General Assembly Meeting of the
AAFFOSTI held at the CFTRI, Mysore On 7th
December, 2003 during which he released the
AAFFEXIONS - Special Annual Number 2003.
- Vegetable Science International Network (VEGINET):
The PNASF became the first Founder Member of the
VEGINET in November, 2003.
- American Society of Horticultural Science (ASHS):
Chairman, PNASF held discussion with the
Executive Council members of the ASHS 2005 at Las
- Australian Melon Association: Chairman,
PNASF held discussion with the Executive Council
members of the ASHS 2005 at Townsville, 2005.
- International Society for Horticultural
Science (ISHS): PNASF participated in number
of ISHS symposia during 2005.
- Institute for Social and Economic Change (ISEC):
In 2005, the PNASF has established
collaboration with the ISEC on issues of mutual